MENTORING GROUP FOR WRITERS 2021
Last year, I ran a couple of mentoring groups for writers and because they were so successful, I’ll be running them again this year, beginning in the first week of March. It is an integrated program run over six months to help writers move forwards with their books.
If you’d like to join one of the groups, let me know.
The aims of the groups are to:
- learn better writing skills
- develop a regular writing routine
- set (achievable) goals and provide accountability
- help each other stay motivated
- start or progress your book
- feel more confident about your writing
WHAT YOU GET:
- Once a Month Meeting
In-person for about 2 hours. The first hour is for discussion and the second hour is for workshopping excerpts from members’ manuscripts—each member gets to workshop 2,000 words twice in the 6-month period. If time permits, I run a short tutorial/exercise on a topic related to the issues.
- Fortnightly Write Nights
On Tuesday evenings via Zoom. You write to a prompt and read your work to the group. The prompts and exercises are targeted towards technique and practising new skills.
- Membership of a Private Facebook Group
This is the place to ask questions between meetings and set goals for the week. It’s where I share writing-related tips and news, too.
- 20% Discount off Manuscript Appraisals and 1:1 Meetings
- 20% Discounted Tickets to Fortnightly Smash Writing Sessions at Mattie Furphy House
(These run on alternate weeks to the Zoom Write Nights. See here for tickets and more information.)
The groups suit writers of any level who are working on a book-length project of any genre: fiction, non-fiction, short stories, memoir.
Daytime and evening groups to cater for people who work.
Numbers are capped at six per group.
If you’re intestested in joining one of these groups for 2021 or want more information, click here.
For more information on Private Mentoring, click here.