MENTORING GROUP FOR WRITERS
If you feel you’d benefit from meeting with other writers for support, encouragement, motivation and the chance to talk writing with like-minded people, I now run mentoring groups for writers.
The groups go for six months and we meet once a month for about two hours. During that time, I give a presentation on a writing-related topic and each writer brings any issues they’ve experienced over the preceding month for discussion.
There’s also a private Facebook group to complement the meetings, so I’m on hand (along with the rest of the group) to answer questions as they arise and give support when needed.
The aims of the group are:
- to provide encouragement and support while writing a book (because writing a book is hard work!)
- for motivation and accountability when the going gets tough (because writing a book can be frustrating)
- to learn more about your own creative and writing process and discover your best writing practice
- to improve your writing skills
- to meet other writers and mix with like-minded people
Group numbers are capped to keep them small and intimate.
By the end of the six months, I hope each writer will feel more confident in their writing and inspired to keep going. They might even find a writing partner from within the group and continue writing together after the course finishes.
If you’re interested in being part of such a mentoring group or have any questions, let me know via the Contact page.
P.S. I’m also available for one-on-one mentoring—contact me for details!