MENTORING GROUP FOR WRITERS
If you feel you’d benefit from meeting with other writers for support, encouragement, motivation and the chance to talk writing with like-minded people, I now run mentoring groups for writers.
The groups go for six months and we meet once a month for about 2.5 hours via Zoom. During that time, each writer brings any issues they’ve experienced over the preceding month for discussion.
I host fortnightly Write Nights, in which the mentoring groups come together via Zoom and write to a prompt.
There’s also a private Facebook group to complement the meetings, so I’m on hand (along with the rest of the group) to answer questions as they arise and give support when needed.
The aims of the group are:
- to provide support and encouragement because writing a book is hard
- to meet and mix with other like-minded people for support and motivation
- to provide accountability and set (achievable) goals
to learn more about your own creative and writing process and discover a writing process that works for you
- to learn more about the craft and technical aspects of writing a book
Meetings centre around group members, so the discussion depends on the issues raised, and may include:
- How and where to start
- Establishing a writing routine
- Finding and trusting your own writing voice and style
- Writers’ block and what to do when you can’t write
- Dealing with the internal critic and self-doubt
- Coping with negative feedback and rejection
- Seeing the wood for the trees when editing your work
Writing a book is a long, solo trek, and this group is intended to make it feel less lonely as we head towards those magical words, ‘The End’.
Group numbers are capped to keep them small.
By the end of the five months, I hope each writer will feel more confident in their writing and inspired to keep going.
Read up to 3,000 words + Provide annotated manuscript in Track Changes and written summary
Read up to 10,000 words + Annotate your manuscript in Track Changes + Provide written summary + 1-hour meeting via Zoom to discuss your project
Single session: $350
Three or more sessions at 10% discount
Five or more sessions at 20% discount
Excludes GST. Payment plans available.
If you’re interested in mentoring or have any questions, let me know via the Contact page.